There is a resource that can be used with your younger children by using curated toys and materials. The Curated Toys and the materials developed for you to use with Before Preschool Children will help your child develope their minds and want to learn more. While you are teaching your older children during home school, the younger ones can also be learning basic skills with Monti Kids.
What is Monti Kids?
Monti Kids is a before preschool learning resource developed by Zahra Kassem, who has a Master’s Degree from Harvard in Child Psychology. She became an Internationally Certified Montessori Teacher. She taught 0 – 6 year olds in traditional schools until her son was born.
The first 3 years of your child s life, are a critical period for your child’s brain development. Monti Kids Programs are developed by experts which help parents developed authentic Montessori learning environment and trusting relationship for your child. It is extremely important to have a trusting bond with your child. Knowing they can rely on you to help them learn the necessary things they need help with to accomplish anything!
What is Montessori Learning?
Montessori Learning is learning thru play. The method is a way to teach your child self-directed activities, hands on and collaborative play. It is called this method because in Montessori Schools, the child stays with the same teacher for 3 years. Thus forming a stronger bond between them and the teacher.
The method attempts to developed children physically, mentally, socially and emotionally. Monti Kids has everything for the different levels for the appropriate age and they give you advice on when your child is ready to move on to the next level by what your child is capable of doing in the activities.
Motessori materials are sensory materials used to help developed the 5 senses with your child. The curriculum consist of 5 areas of learning: Practical Life, Sensory, Math, Language and Culture. These areas are used in the child s every day life and environment. The material helps your child learn and recognize these ares.
The materials learn your child how to think and figure things out on their own. Your child will want to explore what they will be learning from the next level of materials. Early brain development is very important for your child to be able to think about and to learn about their surroundings that they are around and in contact with.
About Montessori Method
The Montessori Method of Education was developed by Maria Montessori. She was the first Italian Doctor in the 20th Century. She carefully observed children in the methods of how they were processing their education. Maria developed a school meant to help target their nature of learning that would be fun and safe for the child.
Maria felt it was beneficial for a child to be around all mixed ages of other children. For example 0-3, 3-6, 6-9. Children learn from observing and learn valuable leadership and life skills from being around others. Although Montessori Schools are common for younger kids, they also exist for Middle and High school kids, as well.
10 Foundation Principles of Montessori Learning
- Experimental Learning: Learning hands on instead of memorizing.
- Mixed aged kids: Learn from observation.
- Uninterrupted work period: 2 to 3 hrs of uninterrupted time to help engaged with material and learn to concentrate longer.
- Academics: Montessori Method also includes 2 other Academic Areas:Practical Life and Exercise. These areas help learn the skills of everyday life. Learning how to pour water slowly, tying their shoes, how to clean up.
- Role of the Teacher: Teaching your child with the Monessori Method, you will be guiding your thru the stages at just the right time they are ready thru observation. Working with them one on one by providing tools for learning.
- Freedom with in limits: Letting your child decide what to work on that day and where they will set will help them to learn to make decisions. Having rules for them to go by will help them to focus and learn how to concentrate longer.
- Educating the whole child: The method focuses on physically, mentally, Spiritually, socially and emotionally educating your child.
- Individual Curriculum: More than one child can work on different levels depending on learning ability.
- Prepared Environment: Having everything you need to teach your child.
- Peace Education: Maria Montessori lived in an era of wars and confusion. Probably why she felt so strong on teaching children about peace and history. She believed the future depended on us teaching our children the importance of peace. Children learn about the world and tools for calming themselves and conducting peaceful conflict and resolutions.
What’s in the Box
Monti Kids has all the materials for different learning levels for the appropriate age of your child. You have access to videos that help you use your materials and gives advice on when to move on to the next level with your child. At the end of each level, your child should be able to do the things that you teach them from the materials.
There are 8 levels that you go thru with teaching your child with the Montessori Method. Here are what the levels cover: Level 1: Visual skills, concentration, physical coordination, body awareness and strength from birth. Level 2: Gain control and mastery of their hands. Level 3: Developed mobility while building cognitive skills. Level 4: Cause and effect boosting memory and problem solving skills. Level 5: Relationships with math and challenging early walkers. Level 6: Learns imagination Level 7:Practical Life skills, independence, building coordination and strength. Level 8:Should be able to stack toys, likes to feel and describe different things and can move their wrist good for this level.
The Monti Kids Box offers different levels of learning for babies up to 3 yrs old that help with sensory and motor skills just to name a few of their awesome products. When you subscribe, you have videos for training and ideas to use with your materials and personalized support. The benefits for your child are enumerable!
The toys are safety certified and are made with forest wood and non-toxic inks. Can’t ask for more than that!
I hope that you have learned more about Monti Kids and the Montessori Method that is used to teach your child if you should choose to go with them. Thank you for reading my post! I welcome comments below concerning this topic.